Watch these self-paced video trainings on financial mismanagement, detecting dementia, how to hold difficult discussions, and the basics of managing another person’s money. For one-on-one financial coaching, visit our SAFE (Successful Aging thru Financial Empowerment) program.
Be aware of the latest scams targeting older adults so you can warn vulnerable persons in your care:
- Scammers Pretend to Raise Money for Ukraine
- Romance Scams Steal $800 Million from 100,000 Americans
- Gift Card Scams Peak during Holidays
- Protecting Finances During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Coronavirus Scams: Targeting the Vulnerable
- Social Security’s Not Trying to Take your Benefits
- SSA imposters top IRS in consumer loss reports
Sign up to see the latest scams identified by the Federal Trade Commission: FTC Scam Alert Page
Consumer Protection: Are you a consumer who’s been taken advantage of? Would you like a professional to investigate your case? Visit The Fearless Consumer to lodge your complaint and read eye-opening cases from investigative reporter and consumer advocate Barbara Nordin.
Have a question about the financial victimization of older adults?
Message us on Facebook or visit our Facebook feed to hear what other informal caregivers and experts have to share on the topic.