In these self-paced video sessions, learn the warning signs of early cognitive impairment, how to hold difficult discussions, the clues to detecting financial mismanagement and the basics of managing another person’s money.
Be aware of the latest scams targeting older adults so you can warn vulnerable persons in your care and prevent them. A few scams that are currently popular:
- Scammers Pretend to be the Federal Trade Commission
- December 3, 2019
- Social Security is not trying to take your benefits
September 13, 2019
- Medicare does not give out DNA kits
July 19, 2019
- Worshipers targeted by gift card scam
July 29, 2019
- In the wake of Hurricane Dorian
September 11, 2019
- SSA imposters top IRS in consumer loss reports
April 12, 2019
Learn more about the myriad scams targeting older adults. Sign up for scam updates identified by the Federal Trade Commission. Visit the FTC’s scam alert page
Have a question about financial victimization of older adults?
Message us on facebook or visit our facebook feed to hear what other informal caregivers and experts have to share on the topic.