Family & Friends Questionnaire
Start Family & Friends Questionnaire Start
For trusted relatives and friends of an older adult
Serious Help with Financial Caregiving
The Family & Friends Questionnaire (FFQ) can be taken by a trusted friend or relative of an older adult to help assess the older adult’s financial decision making.
Simply answer 14 multiple-choice questions that cover a recent financial transaction and general attitudes toward finances. Take the FFQ online and Older Adult Nest Egg tabulates your answers and provides a Risk Score — crucial information to determine whether and how to protect your relative or friend from financial exploitation.
“My siblings and I were worried about our mom’s recent overdue utility bills. She’d been conscientious in the past, so this was unusual. We took the FFQ and saw that while recent transactions were worrisome, she did have good awareness. We learned that one of her medications was making her forgetful. The FFQ helped us maintain my mom’s independence.”
“I use Dr. Lichtenberg's financial capacity tool in my elder law practice. It provides a structure for interviewing clients and assists attorneys negotiating the fine line between maintaining the client's independence and protecting them.”
How It Works
- Open a free account OR start the questionnaireClick Sign Up at the top of this page. Provide basic contact information and your secure account will be up and running. This option allows you to complete a brief training that will help you understand the questionnaire in order to select the best available response. OR you may just select the start button above to skip the training and complete the Family & Friends Questionnaire immediately.
- Complete a brief trainingFollow the prompts for a simple training to help you get maximum use from the Family & Friends Questionnaire. Certification gives you unlimited access to use the questionnaire.
- Complete a Family & Friends Questionnaire (FFQ)Complete an FFQ for a relative or friend you have concerns about or to use as a baseline against future changes.
- Get resultsYour FFQ is immediately scored electronically. You'll receive an easy-to-understand Risk Score with suggested next steps.
- Download the reportDownload your complete FFQ report for your own records or to share with a relative, friend or trusted professional.